Lastest version of Apwal for Linux
Debian and Ubuntu repositry
If you are using Debian or Ubuntu, just do
'apt-get install apwal' !
Note: Apwal Debian and Ubuntu packages are still available on the following repositery:
deb http://apwal.free.fr/debian ./
0.4.5 - 2004.12.20
- debian: debian/ files updated from Sam advices.
- plenty of good changes have been integrated into gtk2. Use now glib
timeouts, gobject closure marshaler, gtk draw_rectangle does not require
a padding of 2px in cereimg anymore. Get rid of apwal_file_selection
and replace it by gtk file_chooser which allows to select a directory
eventually and not only files.
- add option --config i to apwal. It's now possible to create
an icon calling recusively Apwal with another config file. It provides a
simple way to create submenus (Thanks Bill for the idea).
- Added busy cursor when loading the icons.
- Remove few 'fixme:' in the code.
0.4.4 - 2003.10.25
- splash & filesel: handle delete event on dialog box because metacity shows
the menu bar on dialog box which allow the user to kill them.
- filesel: fix RH8 compilation problem, gtk_widget_get_display undefined.
- property: fix RH8 gtk_widget_modify_text pb, doesn't reset color if NULL.
- all: correct gcc log marco format, add a script to avoid this problem again.
- editor: remove key bindings until i find a better way to do it.
0.4.3 - 2003.10.25
- all: check tooltips
- editor: add 'delete' key binding.
- editor: cursor doesn't follow an icon drag anymore.
- iconsel: correct the scrollbar bug when started in tab mode.
- editor: remove the unknown icon as soon as it is not necessary.
- iconsel: apply/close or ok/cancel depending on the window modal mode.
- iconsel: apply button near selected icon only showed in tab mode.
- property: show exec file/path/icon in red if invalid.
- editor: remove tips on arrows and add a bulb to enlight the user.
- filesel: use the gtk2 widget and add a dir_only option, merge with dirsel.
- sys: simplify file func, now use g_find_program_in_path/g_file_test/...
- sys: simplify spawn func.
- property: replace the treeview by entries.
- app: modifiy properties: del name, add cmdline=prog+args, execpath=path.
- splash: add a progress bar when loading icons.
- launcher: remove the need of the proc filesystem to launch the editor.
- iconsel: correct bug on delete event if iconsel displayed in a 2d window.
0.4.2 - 2003.11.26
- dirsel: create a directory selector. Features: TAB completion, easy
navigation with keys. Used for the app launch path and the pixmap paths.
- iconsel: fix bug when deselecting the pixmap directory in which the
current icon app is in.
- iconlist: fix bug when filtering icons on load if the icon failed to
be created. (Thanks to Volker)
- property: fix assert at launch of the file selector.
- all: correct log macro calls. macros need always an argument after fmt.
So add "%s","" in case of log msg w/o args. (Thanks to Krp)
0.4.1 - 2003.11.16
- all: size and extension filters are now active at load of the icons from
disk. It is a little slower but it consumes less memory
- all: Debian package created
- syssutff: correct exit of apwal when the program to launch do not exist
- launcher: add an option to allow to close apwal at launch of an application
- iconsel: it is now possible to change the dimension of the Icon Selection
windows when it is in a separate window
- iconsel: Icon Selection window is showed automaticly in non modal mode
when it is in a separate window
- iconsel: It is possible to change dynamicly the mode of the Icon
Selection (tab, window, modal window)
- iconsel: the Icon Selection could now be launched in a tab in the main
window, in a separate window, or in a separate modal window
- editor: no icon is showed 'selected' when no app selected (pb at start)
- apwal_pref: set/unset correctly tootips at editor start
- receimg: replace gdk_draw_pixbuf to gdk_pixbuf_render_to_drawable unless
it don't compile on RH8
- iconsel: correct bug at start if someone save a empty path/extension.
line 40 (icon_dir_new): assertion failed: (path != NULL)
- add a message box if an application failed when it is clicked.
- iconlist: explained to this machine that /to/ti or /to//ti or /to/ti/ or
whatever are the same directory
0.4.00 - 2003.02.25
- iconsel: deals now correctly with 2 recursive paths which cross together
like /usr/share/icons and /usr/shares/icons/hicolor for example
- iconsel: correct forget of truncating icons 48x.. or ..x48
- iconsel: show the real width and height of an icon and not the
truncated one if truncated. so filters are ok for bigger icons.
0.3.32 - 2003.02.24
- all: a lot of improvement based on Cbwan's suggestion.
- iconsel: add buttons add, collapse and expand have now the the same size.
- iconsel: check if selection are ok. and it is :) remove !selected button.
- editor: remove a bug in vertical size initialisation
- xmlrc: if it is the first launch of apwal then create a new xmrc file and
launch the editor.
- about: done. a little one :)
- apwal_pref: new tab apwal_pref. options: timout and activate_tooltips
- launcher/editor: remove dependence of X11 call used to get the resolution
of the screen (use now gdk_screen_width and height)
- all: create LICENSE file and add GPL headers in source files.
- all: some cleanup in pixmaps and src directories
- all: add install rules on Makefile, update install info in INSTALL file
- all: add tooltips on thinks not easy to undertand naturally.
- iconsel: truncate icon > 48x48 to save some memory
- iconsel: append relief to icon in treeview
- property: append relief to icon in treeview
- editor: refresh property on start of drag and drop
- launcher: editor is now launch from the current apwal binary to avoid path
and version problems.
- launcher: exit launcher when right click to an icon to launch the editor
- selico: add 'apply' button, do the same as dblclick on an icon/selected icon
- selico: remove 'file' label
- editor: never more that one noname/unknown application/icon at one time.
0.3.31 - 2003.02.10
- fisrt version release since 0.1.22
- a LOT of new features. new icon selection form, new editor...
0.1.22 - 2002.11.20
- add sysstuff.[ch]: sys_exec and sys_can_exec.
- deal now with GError on error for gtk function using it.
- take now to excess of g_assert rather that if (!ptr) and cie.
- create testing directory for testing some stuff (gtktreeview, ...).
- add new icon selector. i hope you are going to like it!
0.1.21 - 2002.11.16
- and it will be called... apwal! Tadaaaa.... Thanks to Whale
for his proposition!
- configuration file is now ~/.apwalrc.xml, update your config!
- create src and sample directories, clean some obsolete code.
- use define rather than fixed value to cut icon bigger than 48x48.
- add gtkstuff.[ch]: add gtk_arrow_button_new(), icon load always use
- icons used are now integrated in the binary file, Makefile generates
pixbufinline.inc from PNG files in the directory.
- command line arguments are now parsed at the execution.
0.1.20 - 2002.11.12
- app: add have_exec_access and app_exec_is_valid.
- launcher and editor: icons with an invalid executable appear in grey.
- clean some obsolete files.
0.1.19 - 2002.11.11
- property: remove button directly removes app form the app_list.
- app: add app_list_remove, implement app_list_delete.
- launcher: prevent starting 2 editors with 2 right clics on an icon.
- editor: rewrite button arrow code.
- 'no app' is now different than 'app with an unknown icon'.
- editor: add the position of the cursor.
- launcher and editor: support icons with different size than 48x48.
0.1.18 - 2002.11.09
- editor: the ok button now save the xml file and exit the editor.
- editor: the 'cancel' button now exit the editor.
0.1.17 - 2002.11.09
- and it first bug report 10 minutes after :)
- launcher: fix freeze on click to an icon with an incorrect
executable (no exit on error on execvp).
0.1.16 - 2002.11.09
- Now launcher has is first real user! Thanks Cbwan!
PP PPP PP
P PP P PPP P PPP
PPPPPPP PP PPPPPPP PPPPP
PPPPPP P PPP PPPPPP PP P
PPP P PPPP PPP P PP P
PP P PP P PP P PPP P
PP P PP P PP P PPP P
PPP P PP P PPP P PP P
PPP P PP P PPP P PP P
PP P PPPPP P PP P P PP
PP P PP P PPPP PP
P P P P P
PPPP PP PP PPP